Whether you're staying here on holiday, visiting for the day or travelling around our coastline, there's something to see and do to suit everyone on The Suffolk Coast this Easter.
We've put together our pick of the top 'things to do', from food and drink, history and heritage to art and literature, attractions and events...
You're spoilt for choice when it comes to entertaining the kids this Easter holiday; Easter trails, attractions openings, and special events...
- Lowestoft Road Train - over the Easter weekend (Friday 25th to Monday 28th March) visitors to Lowestoft can enjoy trips up and down the beach on the seafront road train. Cost - Free!
- Snape Maltings Free Family Easter Weekend - you're spoilt for choice when it comes to things to do at the Snape Maltings Free Family Easter Weekend (Friday 25th to Sunday 27th March). With a farmer's market, Easter crafts, story tent, face painting, pop-up performances and live music. Cost - Free!
- Woodbridge Easter Egg Hunt - taking place in the town's Elmhurst Park (Saturday 26th March) children will love finding the clues and receiving their Easter egg. There will also be face painting and an appearance from Millie the Tide Mill Mouse. Cost - Free!
- The Longshop Museum Steam and Activity Day - launching the beginning of the 2016 season, the steam and activity day at The Longshop Museum (Saturday 26th March) includes special displays, model steam engines and live performances. Cost - £8 for adults, £4 for children (4-15), £6 for young people (16-21) Under 4s are free!
- The Longshop Museum Easter Holiday Family Activities - Join the Easter trail, take part in the 'Making it Work' workshop, draw your own steam engine and turn it into your own steel wire sculpture. Cost - Normal admission charges apply (£8 for adults, £4 for children (4-15), £6 for young people (16-21) Under 4s are free!) no extra charge for special activities.
- Easter Trail at Landguard Fort - Join the trail and discover The Suffolk Coast's defence history with this Easter trail around Landguard Fort. Cost - £1.50 for a trail sheet plus Landguard Fort entry (adults £5, concessions £4, children (under 15 years) £2, children (under 5 years) free!
Explore The Suffolk Coast in Spring, by foot, boat or bicycle with one of these outdoor events...
- #MinsmereSpring - take part in the self-guided treasure trail as you search for signs of Spring at RSPB Minsmere (Friday 25th - Monday 28th March and Saturday 2nd - Sunday 3rd April) Cost - RSPB Minsmere entry fees apply, but the trail is free.
- Lowestoft and Oulton Broad Water Taxi - From Friday 25th March to Sunday 2nd April hop on board the Water Taxi between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad and see our beautiful coast, country and rivers like you've never seen them before! Cost - £3.50 per person, per way.
- Pond Dipping and Family Nature Walk - Join the team at RSPB Minsmere on Tuesday 29th March, Tuesday 5th April and Friday 8th April for pond dipping and learn about the wildlife at Minsmere in the Spring on a fun nature ramble. Cost - RSPB Minsmere entry applies, plus £2 per child for the activity.
- Bird Ringing Demonstrations - Discover more about the lives of the birds that live at RSPB Minsmere and get up close with bird ringing demonstrations from Waveney Bird Club on Thursday 31st March and Thursday 7th April. Cost - RPSB Minsmere entry applies, but the bird ringing activity is free!
Music and Theatre
Be it live music, theatre, arts or crafts you desire, you'll find something to do to on the Suffolk Coast...
- The World Encompassed - Experience a musical Elizabethan voyage made in Aldeburgh, being performed in the Church of St Peter and Paul on Saturday 26th March. Cost - £27 (under 17s half price).
- Fawlty Towers Night - For an evening of good food and hilarity head to Thorpeness Country Club and be entertained by Basil, Sybil and Manuel on Friday 1st April. Cost - £32 per person / £28 for members.
The Easter weekend also sees many of The Suffolk Coast's attractions open for the season, be sure to check out our 'Attractions' page for a full list of fantastic places to visit, guaranteed to provide a fun day out for the whole family!
Whether you’re in search of a great family day out, a birdwatching haven, or trip back in time, the beaches along the Suffolk Coast will provide you with a memorable day out whatever the time of year.
In the winter, Suffolk's beaches take on a whole new persona; with windswept dunes, crashing waves, and bracing winds, they are the perfect place to blow away the cobwebs, stroll hand in hand with your loved one, or enjoy a solitary dog walk.
Read more >