The British summer can be a bit hit and miss. But whether the sun is shining or the rain is pouring down, there's a day out on The Suffolk Coast to entertain the whole family.
1. Watch a film at Aldeburgh Cinema - situated in Aldeburgh since 1919, Aldeburgh Cinema shows films, live screenings and special events. You can catch new releases this summer, and families can take advantage of the afternoon ‘Nice Price’ family matinees on all Bank Holidays and daily during all school breaks and holiday periods.Location: 51 High Street, Aldeburgh, IP15 5AU
2. Lowestoft Maritime Museum - with a wealth of model boats, artefacts and stories from the fishing industry, the museum is situated in Sparrrow's Nest Gardens in Lowestoft. Be sure to check out the replica fish market and reconstruction of Sir Christopher Cockrell's workshop (the inventor of the hovercraft in nearby Somerleyton!)Location: Lowestoft Maritime Museum, Sparrows Nest Gardens, Whapload Road, Lowestoft, NR32 1XG
3. Snape Maltings - while away an hour or two at the stunning maltings, home to Aldeburgh Music. As well as a huge selection of concerts on offer, the artisan delicatessen, food hall, and furniture and homes department are the perfect place to spend a soggy day.Location: Snape Maltings, near Aldeburgh, Suffolk IP17 1SR
4. Woodbride Tide Mill - One of just two working tide mills in the country, Woodbridge Tide Mill sits on the banks of the River Deben and enables visitors to watch the historic water wheel in action and the millers making flour. Afterwards, pop on the rain coat and wellies and enjoy a walk into the historic town centre for a steaming hot chocolate and cake at The Cake Shop Bakery.Location: Woodbridge Tide Mill, Tide Mill Way, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 1BY
5. The Long Shop Museum - Providing an insight into The Suffolk Coast's fascinating manufacturing past, a visit to The Long Shop Museum is great for entertaining children. Make sure you check out the 'working - van', sand moulds and pattern boxes, and dress up ready for your photo shoot!Location: The Long Shop Museum, Main Street, Leiston, Suffolk IP16 4ES