The Unruly Pig is a multi award winning 16th century Suffolk Inn offering exceptional food, great wines, craft beers and really friendly service in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
It has cosy log burners, original oak beams, sloping ceilings, Wi-Fi and an eclectic mixture of pop and local art – a traditional pub with a contemporary feel and ambience.
Located in Bromeswell, only 5 minutes drive from the historic market town of Woodbridge and just 4 minutes drive from Sutton Hoo (the National Trust’s awe inspiring Anglo–Saxon royal burial site).
Featured in The Financial Times ‘5 of the Best: Pubs with Walks’, it is perfectly situated with Rendlesham Forest and Sutton Heath on the doorstep and the hauntingly beautiful, windswept coast at Shingle Street nearby.
It’s also in cracking country for cyclists and of course there are cycle racks ready and waiting! Just a 20 minute drive from Orford Castle and the world famous concert venue at Snape Maltings.
During the warmer weather, there is a decked area for al fresco drinks and dining. The bar is very dog friendly (treats always available) and the Inn is a proud supporter of the local Riding for Disabled Centre.
It's not only the locals who love it, take a look at this long list of fantastic awards and accolades:
- Estrella Damm Top 50 UK Gastropub (only listing in Suffolk) and “Highest Climber” 2021 award (it is in the top 10 in the country!)
- ”Dining Pub of the Year”- The Good Pub Guide 2021
- The Good Food Guide ( best rating in East Suffolk)
- Britain’s Best Pub Restaurant Chef 2019/20
- ’Best front of House Team’ 2018 and 2020 - the only team in the UK to have twice won this award
- Michelin Guide
- Harden’s Guide
- AA Pub Guide
- The Good Pub Guide Top Ten UK Pub for Wine
- Lux Lifestyle Magazine Best Gastropub 2017
- UK Top 50 Gastropubs 2021 "Highest Climber"
So just pop in for a bite and a pint, or spend some time tasting our fabulous wines and some of Suffolk’s most glorious food.