The Suffolk Coast DMO truly respects the privacy of its users and is fully committed to protect their personal information and use it properly. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information, and the rights and choices available to our visitors and users regarding such information.
We strongly urge you read this policy and make sure you fully understand and agree with it.
The Suffolk Coast DMO does not sell, trade or rent your personal information. Whenever you provide personal information it will be processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 in the UK.
Any data that is held about you will be on our database in order to process your enquiry or transaction, where requested, so that you can be kept up to date with relevant details about the business.
We will not share your information to any third parties except where it is a part of providing a service to you. For example, if you have entered a competition that involves a third party and you have opted in for communications. For order processing, billing delivery of products, customer research and consumer profiling.
To help clarify the reasons we may share the information these would include the following purposes: To verify your identity; conduct market research to improve the services that we offer you; to administer competitions; offers or promotions that you have entered; to provide products, services, information linked with your purchases and products that you have expressed an interest in; To create a profile for you so that we can understand and respect your privacy; if sending communication that you have consented to, to allow us to personalise it to you.
When you use our services and provide personal information, register to receive marketing communications from us, enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (online or offline versions), or where you have otherwise provided us with your personal information, we may collect and store the data you provide to us and may use it to help improve your communications with us, provide information, services or products you request from us, conduct profiling and market research.
When you use our services (website, social media channels, wi-fi services) we will automatically receive data on and collect information about you. This data is standard for digital platforms and includes the device you use, the browser used, the pages you visited, how you reached the particular platform, how long you spend on pages, if you clicked on different sections, plus additional information you may have entered on forms. Where services have been enabled with your browser we may additionally be able to determine age, gender and geographic location from the IP address.
If this information is used it is primarily for the purpose of understanding who are customers are and helps us create better and more relevant communications.
Targeted advertising services are used to reach existing and new customers, these are displayed as banner advertising and advertisements on search engine result pages. The purpose of the advertising is to attract people towards our website.
Where someone has already been to our website we are able to display messages specifically to these individuals. It is possible for you to opt out of these advertisement services which are provides by Google services and Facebook services. You can find information about opting out in the “ad settings” section on these platforms.
There may be occasions where we have to disclose your information to other organisations to fulfill contractual arrangements we have with you. For example, to provide our products and services to you we may need to appoint businesses to carry out data processing, insurances, payment processing and marketing businesses.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
If you wish to access and/or request us to make corrections to the Personal Information that you have stored with us, or wish to request a list of what Personal Information (if any) pertaining to you we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, feel free to send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable time frame and in accordance with any applicable law.
The Suffolk Coast DMO has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to most areas on our Services; the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection; and we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification.
We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways and Third Party Services for further enhancing the security of our Services and protection of our Visitors’ and Users’ privacy.
However – regardless of the measures and efforts taken by The Suffolk Coast DMO, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information, your Users-of-Users’ Information or any other User Content you upload, publish or otherwise share with The Suffolk Coast DMO or anyone else.
Current Competition Terms and Conditions:
WIN A £500 VOUCHER TO SPEND WITH BEST OF SUFFOLK ON YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY!
- Entrants to the competition must be aged 18 or over at the time of entering
- Entrants to the competition excludes employees of The Suffolk Coast Ltd and all other prize providers
- Only one entry per person will be counted
- Competition entry closes 8am on Monday 15th July 2019, one winner will be selected at random and contacted by email or phone by Wednesday 17th July 2019.
- The winner/s may be required to participate in reasonable publicity, including a photo-call and agree to having their names published on The Suffolk Coast and/or prize provider's website and social media as competition winners
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- No cash alternative will be offered, the prize is not transferable.
- The £500 voucher can be used on any new bookings with Best of Suffolk. It cannot be used to pay the balance of any existing bookings.
- If the booking value is less than £500 no cash alternative for the remainder will be paid or the balance transferred to another booking.
- If the value of the booking is more than £500 you can pay the remaining balance of the booking at the time of booking.
- Once your booking is confirmed, if you chose to cancel the booking the value is not transferable to a new booking.
- The prize is subject to availability.
- A refundable Good Housekeeping Deposit is payable six weeks prior to your stay (for the exact amount of the good housekeeping deposit, see individual property page). The good housekeeping deposit will be returned to you one week after the end of the stay provided that the property has been left in a satisfactory condition and that no other sums remain payable on your account.
- A non-refundable booking fee of £36 is applicable to all bookings, payable with the deposit.
- The £500 voucher is valid on stays that take place before 31 December 2019.
- Subject to Best of Suffolk’s standard Terms and Conditions: https://www.bestofsuffolk.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
- You will be contacted after your stay by Best of Suffolk’s Marketing department for a phone interview about your stay for publicity and must provide at least one photograph of your stay that you consent to be used on social media.