The Suffolk Coast DMO truly respects the privacy of its users and is fully committed to protect their personal information and use it properly. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information, and the rights and choices available to our visitors and users regarding such information.
We strongly urge you read this policy and make sure you fully understand and agree with it.
The Suffolk Coast DMO does not sell, trade or rent your personal information. Whenever you provide personal information it will be processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 in the UK.
Any data that is held about you will be on our database in order to process your enquiry or transaction, where requested, so that you can be kept up to date with relevant details about the business.
We will not share your information to any third parties except where it is a part of providing a service to you. For example, if you have entered a competition that involves a third party and you have opted in for communications. For order processing, billing delivery of products, customer research and consumer profiling.
To help clarify the reasons we may share the information these would include the following purposes: To verify your identity; conduct market research to improve the services that we offer you; to administer competitions; offers or promotions that you have entered; to provide products, services, information linked with your purchases and products that you have expressed an interest in; To create a profile for you so that we can understand and respect your privacy; if sending communication that you have consented to, to allow us to personalise it to you.
When you use our services and provide personal information, register to receive marketing communications from us, enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (online or offline versions), or where you have otherwise provided us with your personal information, we may collect and store the data you provide to us and may use it to help improve your communications with us, provide information, services or products you request from us, conduct profiling and market research.
When you use our services (website, social media channels, wi-fi services) we will automatically receive data on and collect information about you. This data is standard for digital platforms and includes the device you use, the browser used, the pages you visited, how you reached the particular platform, how long you spend on pages, if you clicked on different sections, plus additional information you may have entered on forms. Where services have been enabled with your browser we may additionally be able to determine age, gender and geographic location from the IP address.
If this information is used it is primarily for the purpose of understanding who are customers are and helps us create better and more relevant communications.
Targeted advertising services are used to reach existing and new customers, these are displayed as banner advertising and advertisements on search engine result pages. The purpose of the advertising is to attract people towards our website.
Where someone has already been to our website we are able to display messages specifically to these individuals. It is possible for you to opt out of these advertisement services which are provides by Google services and Facebook services. You can find information about opting out in the “ad settings” section on these platforms.
There may be occasions where we have to disclose your information to other organisations to fulfill contractual arrangements we have with you. For example, to provide our products and services to you we may need to appoint businesses to carry out data processing, insurances, payment processing and marketing businesses.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
If you wish to access and/or request us to make corrections to the Personal Information that you have stored with us, or wish to request a list of what Personal Information (if any) pertaining to you we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, feel free to send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable time frame and in accordance with any applicable law.
The Suffolk Coast DMO has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to most areas on our Services; the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection; and we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification.
We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways and Third Party Services for further enhancing the security of our Services and protection of our Visitors’ and Users’ privacy.
However – regardless of the measures and efforts taken by The Suffolk Coast DMO, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information, your Users-of-Users’ Information or any other User Content you upload, publish or otherwise share with The Suffolk Coast DMO or anyone else.
WIN A FABULOUS TRIP TO THE FISHING VILLAGE OF ORFORD
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entrants to the competition must be aged 18 or over at the time of entering.
- Entrants to the competition excludes employees of The Suffolk Coast Ltd and all other prize providers.
- Only one entry per person will be counted.
- Competition entry closes 8am on Tuesday 6 April 2021, one winner will be selected at random and contacted by email or phone by 5pm on Thursday 8 April 2021.
- The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity, including a photo-call and agree to having their names published on The Suffolk Coast and/or prize provider's websites and social media as competition winners.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- No cash alternative will be offered, the prize is not transferable.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability.
- All elements of the prize are subject to Covid-19 Government, National, Regional, local and prize providers' specific guidelines and restrictions.
- One £400 voucher for a stay at The Crown and Castle in Orford, subject to availability, excluding bank holidays, Christmas and New Year. Must be booked in advance and comply with all Covid-19 restrictions.
- A lunch time trip on the Lady Florence for two people, with a two course lunch and welcome drink on arrival. Must be booked in advance and comply with all Covid-19 restrictions.
- A hamper from Pinney's of Orford worth £125 which features their smoked salmon, golden mackerel fillets, creamy fish pates and homemade taramasalata; alongside a range of goodies from selected artisan producers such as Flint Vineyards Charmat Rosé, Fen Farm Dairy's Baron Bigod, Pump Street's bean to bar chocolate and delicious relishes from Tracklements, subject to availability.
- A three course dinner for two people at The Butley Orford Oysterage, including one bottle of house wine. Must be booked in advance and comply with all Covid-19 restrictions.
- All National, regional, local and prize providers' specific Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions apply prior to and during the trip.
- All elements of the prize will be valid from the time National, regional and local Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, and people are able to visit safely, date to be confirmed, for a period of 12 months after this starting date.