Beccles Lido is OPEN for swimming by advance booking only!
Beccles Lido is next to the River Waveney in Puddingmoor, Beccles. It is a traditional outdoor swimming pool heated to 27°C. The large 30 x 15 metre pool has a deep end of 3.5 metres and features a 1 metre springboard, there is a slide at the shallow end and the separate toddler and paddling pools are also heated.
A major £500,000 refurbishment to modernize and future-proof the pool was completed in early Spring. The Lido is now open for swimmers to enjoy the new under-water lighting, improved water clarity and enhancements to the high-tech plant room.
The Lido is open for session swims only, bookable in advance. This includes lane swimming and Family Sessions. There is no turn up and swim available!! Visit https://bookwhen.com/beccleslido to make a booking. There is also a telephone line open from 10-12 noon (07561 601263)
- The main pool has a 3.5 metre deep end with a 1 metre springboard and a slide at the shallow end
- The toddler pool is just 0.75 metres deep and there is a separate paddling area
- There are regular giant inflatable aquarun sessions
- There is a children's adventure play and family picnic area and all-weather exercise equipment
- The well stocked café serves hot and cold meals and snacks, ice creams, cold drinks, delicious teas, coffees and hot chocolate
- There are excellent disabled access and facilities including hoist-assisted entry to the water if required (please telephone ahead for details or with any special requirements)
Beccles Lido is owned and run by the local community under a charitable trust.
As you can imagine, with no income - but still with bills to pay - the directors are appealing to the Lido's supporters for help. You can support them at https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/twopointsix or by making a personal donation, joining the monthly Lido Lottery, or leaving a legacy
Visit the website www.beccleslido.com or www.bookwhen.com/beccleslido to make a booking. There is also a telephone line open from 10-12 noon (07561-601263) For more information see the website or call 01502 713297.
Big Dog Ferry IS NOT OPERATING!
Covid-19 restrictions mean that Big Dog Ferry cannot operate this season. So for now, it will be 2021 before you can.enjoy four leisurely 3-mile trips a day by open boat up to Geldeston Locks. A chance to enjoy the wildlife along the River Waveney before taking a break for a drink, meal or music at The Locks Inn.
Under normal circumstances, Big Dog Ferry is available for longer trips and pick-ups from destinations such as Geldeston Marina and the Wherry Inn upon request. Single or round-trip tickets are also available.
Booking essential see website for details.
Click here for more information: www.bigdogferry.co.uk