Beccles Lido and Big Dog Ferry will reopen when COVID-19 Guidelines permit.
Beccles Lido is next to the River Waveney in Puddingmoor, Beccles. It is a traditional outdoor swimming pool heated to 27°C. The large 30 x 15 metre pool has a deep end of 3.5 metres and features a 1 metre springboard, there is a slide at the shallow end and the separate toddler and paddling pools are also heated.
A major £500,000 refurbishment to modernize and future-proof the pool was completed in early Spring. Sadly, COVID-19 restrictions mean that at the moment our swimmers are not yet able to enjoy the new under-water lighting, improved water clarity and enhancements to the high-tec plant room.
However, when the Lido re-opens, subject to COVID-19 restrictions, it will continue to offer fabulous fun for all the family:
- The main pool has a 3.5 metre deep end with a 1 metre springboard and a slide at the shallow end
- The toddler pool is just 0.75 metres deep and there is a separate paddling area
- There are regular giant inflatable aquarun sessions
- There is a children's adventure play and family picnic area and all-weather exercise equipment
- The well stocked café serves hot and cold meals and snacks, ice creams, cold drinks, delicious teas, coffees and hot chocolate
- There are excellent disabled access and facilities including hoist-assisted entry to the water if required (please telephone ahead for details or with any special requirements)
Beccles Lido is owned and run by the local community under a charitable trust.
As you can imagine, with no income - but still with bills to pay - the directors are appealing to the Lido's supporters for help. You can support us at https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/twopointsix or by making a personal donation, joining the monthly Lido Lottery, or leaving a legacy
Visit the website www.beccleslido.com for more information or call 01502 713297.
Big Dog Ferry
The Big Dog Ferry operates from the Beccles Lido pontoon. Enjoy four leisurely 3-mile trips a day by open boat up to Geldeston Locks. A chance to enjoy the wildlife along the River Waveney before taking a break for a drink, meal or music at The Locks Inn.
Big Dog Ferry is available for longer trips and pick-ups from destinations such as Geldeston Marina and the Wherry Inn upon request. Single or round-trip tickets are also available. Booking essential see website for details.
Booking essential see website for details.
Click here for timetable, ticket prices and more information: www.bigdogferry.co.uk