Come to Beccles and enjoy the amazing views and facilities of the Lido. It's open from 25th May to 8th September 2019.
Beccles Lido is next to the River Waveney in Puddingmoor, Beccles. It is a traditional outdoor swimming pool heated to 27°C. The large 30 x 15 metre pool has a deep end of 3.5 metres and features a 1 metre springboard, there is a slide at the shallow end and the separate toddler and paddling pools are also heated.
You can relax in and out of the pool as there are lots of paved and grassy areas for sunbathing, as well as picnic tables, chairs, sun loungers and a covered outdoor eating area. The Splash Pool Bar sells hot/cold meals and snacks, ice creams, cold drinks, delicious Fairtrade teas, coffees and hot chocolate!
The Lido is fabulous fun for all the family, take advantage of:
- The main pool has a 3.5 metre deep end with a 1 metre springboard and a slide at the shallow end
- The toddler pool is just 0.75 metres deep and there is a separate paddling area
- There are regular giant inflatable aquarun sessions
- There is a Childrens adventure play and family picnic area and all-weather exercise equipment
- The well stocked café serves hot and cold meals and snacks, ice creams, cold drinks, delicious teas, coffees and hot chocolate
- They have excellent disabled access and facilities including hoist-assisted entry to the water if required (please telephone ahead for details or with any special requirements)
Beccles Lido is owned and run by the local community under a charitable trust.
The Lido is raising money to Secure the Future of Beccles Lido with a programme of major works on the main pool including a new liner. You can support them at www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/NEWLINER or by making a personal donation, joining the monthly Lido Lottery, or leaving a legacy
Visit the website www.beccleslido.com for more information on opening times, prices and the activities on offer, or call 01502 713297.
Big Dog Ferry
The Big Dog Ferry operates from the Beccles Lido pontoon. Enjoy four leisurely 3-mile trips a day by open boat up to Geldeston Locks. A chance to enjoy the wildlife along the River Waveney before taking a break for a drink, meal or music at The Locks Inn.
Big Dog Ferry is available for longer trips and pick-ups from destinations such as Beccles Quay upon request. Single or round-trip tickets are also available. Booking essential see website for details.
Booking essential see website for details.
Click here for timetable, ticket prices and more information: www.bigdogferry.co.uk