A little more wild than the neighbouring beach at Lowestoft, Pakefield Beach is made up of a sand and pebble beach, with marram grass and dunes and fishing boats to sunbathe amongst.
A little more wild than the neighbouring beach at Lowestoft, Pakefield Beach is made up of a sand and pebble beach, with marram grass and dunes and fishing boats to sunbathe amongst. Children will love searching the shores for flotsam and jetsum and throwing stones in the sea.
The promenade, which leads from Lowestoft Beach, runs as far as the Church and is lined with pretty-pastel coloured beach huts, some of which are available to hire. This stretch is a popular spot for fishing, horse riding, wind surfing and kite surfing and those looking for a more rural beach experience.
Autumn storm conditions have led to erosion of the cliffs at Pakefield.
This affects ordinary access to the beach via the steps from Arbor Lane.
People are asked to avoid the area and stay away from locations which may still be vulnerable. There may be debris and the possibility of further collapse and public safety is a priority.
- There are no public toilets along this stretch of the beach, the nearest are along the promenade towards Lowestoft at Zak's Sunrise Cafe, or on the upper promenade in Kensington Gardens.
- The nearest beach kiosk and cafe is Zak's Sunrise Cafe on Lowestoft South Beach and the cafe in Kensington Gardens. However, head off the beach and walk up the beach slopes and you can enjoy a meal and drink at The Jolly Sailors and tea and cake at Tea by the Sea plus a selection of shops and fish & chip shops.
- There are car parks and street parking available within walking distance of the beach. Car parks can be found using the Find my Nearest website and the RingGo website or app.
- Dogs are allowed on Pakefield Beach throughout the year, but please remember to pick up any mess and use one of the dog bins located along the beach.
- Please note, there is no lifeguard patrol on this beach.
- what3words lessening.thudded.earlobe
- Tide Times for Pakefield (Lowestoft) can be found at https://www.tidetimes.org.uk/lowestoft-tide-times
- For places to eat, places to stay and travel information check out our Pakefield Guide.