1. Viking Mariners - With a fleet of luxury sailing yachts and power boats, the Viking Mariners offer a range of sailing experiences on the River Orwell. Choose to get stuck in and learn how to set and trim the sails and take the helm or, if you would prefer to spend the day relaxing, charter a boat and take in the stunning surroundings of the Orwell estuary.
2. Waveney River Tours - Slightly less choppy than the open waters of the River Orwell, Waveney River Tours sail from Oulton Broad to Beccles along the River Waveney and from Snape Maltings to the village of Iken along the River Alde. Be sure to take your binoculars and look out for reed warblers, reed buntings and marsh harriers on the River Waveney, plus harbour seals, shelducks and wading birds as you approach the estuary of the River Alde.
3. Deben Boat Trips - Join the Oystercatcher at The Quay in Waldringfield and enjoy a 30-minute sail along The River Deben; a special protection area which lies within the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The 21-foot open boat can seat up to 12 people, but with no shelter, it's worth taking a rain mac along!
4. Allen Gardiner River Cruise Restaurant - If you want to push the boat out (no pun intended!) and really go to town (or out to sea!) then join one of the Allen Gardiner River Cruises. Setting sail from Ipswich Haven Marina, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a 2-hour brunch, 3-hour a la carte lunch, supper cruise or candlelit dinner.
5. Orwell Lady River Cruises - with a range of cruises sailing the River Orwell,the Orwell Lady is a purpose built vessel accommodating up to 118 passengers. With 3 cruise routes to Pin Mill, Harwich Harbour and Orwell Bridge (1 hour duration so popular with families with young children) leaving from Orwell Quay on Ipswich Marina. Alternatively, join one of the afternoon tea or fish and chips lunch cruises!
6. Lowestoft Water Taxi - an ideal way to travel from the seaside town of Lowestoft to Oulton Broad, Lowestoft Water Taxi travels through the inner harbour of Lowestoft through to historic Lake Lothing, before arriving at Oulton Broad; gateway to the Norfolk Broads.
7. Big Dog Ferry - The Big Dog Ferry operates from March to October from the Beccles Lido pontoon. You can enjoy four leisurely 3-mile trips per day by open boat up to the Geldeston Locks; the perfect opportunity to enjoy the wildlife along the River Waveney, or why not hire the boat for a private trip from Beccles Quay!
8. Sailing Barge Victor - Step on board this traditionally rigged 19th century sailing vessel and join skipper Wes and his crew on a cruise along the River Orwell from Ipswich. For a special occasion why not privately hire the boat to celebrate or extend your experience into the evening and enjoy live on board entertainment.