Win a super stay in Thorpeness & delicious dining experiences!
The lucky winner of this fabulous prize will be able to enjoy a fabulous 2 night stay at The Dolphin Inn, Thorpeness along with a 3 course dinner at the nearby Parrot Inn!
the prize ....
2 nights bed and breakfast for 2 at The Dolphin Inn
3 course meal for 2 and bottle of wine at The Dolphin Inn
3 course meal for 2 and bottle of wine at The Parrot
Complete the entry form at the bottom of this page for your chance to win!
About the Dolphin Inn, Thorpeness
The Dolphin Inn is perfectly situated in the beautiful village of Thorpeness, a stone's throw away from the beach, meare and bustling town of Aldeburgh.
Offering three double, 4 star silver rated, spacious en-suite rooms recently refurbished to a high standard with old pine furniture, you can enjoy the Suffolk coast in style at the Dolphin Inn. Get your day off to a great start with their delicious breakfasts made using only the best local, homemade produce.
At the heart of Thorpeness, The Dolphin Inn enjoys a great reputation among the locals for food, drink and friendly service. The Dolphin prides itself on using fresh local ingredients including meat from the local butcher in Aldeburgh, fish directly from the markets in Lowestoft sourced only from sustainable stocks, bread is from the famous Pump Street Bakery in Orford, vegetables grown locally from a greengrocer in Leiston and milk from a local dairy!
The Dolphin Inn is the perfect place to head to after a bracing coastal walk with family and dogs, bike ride or just to relax and unwind right by the beautiful Suffolk sea!
Dating back to the 16th Century, The Parrot certainly has a lot of history, with its exposed solid oak beams, open fire, wonky walls and low ceilings, it oozes charm and character.
Cosy up in the snug and bar and warm up by the log fire during the colder months or find a bench in the private walled garden for a game of boules on one of the pistes in the beer garden.
The Parrot is the perfect place for a romantic meal tucked away from everybody but equally as tempting for a family celebration.
With a menu consisting of the best that Suffolk has to offer, with the changing seasons you will find that there is something for everybody's taste. The restaurant is bright and airy with decor boasting antique clocks and a wooden floor.
On the bar you will find the best local ales from just up the road in Southwold. Not only do Adnams offer great ales but also awards winning spirits that compliment The Parrot's ever-growing list of gins, rums, whiskeys and vodkas. If wine is more your thing then order from the eclectic selection on the wine menu.
The Parrot boasts a walled garden, which has a sizeable gazebo in which private parties for up to 40 people can be catered for during the summer. There is a large car park to the rear and the pub is dog-friendly too - just make sure you call ahead to let them know that are bringing your four-legged friend.
Competition terms and conditions
- Entrants to the competition must be aged 18 or over at the time of entering
- Entrants to the competition excludes employees of The Suffolk Coast Ltd and all other prize providers
- Only one entry per person will be counted
- Competition entry closes 8am on Friday 12th April 2019, one winner will be selected at random and contacted by email or phone by Monday 15th April 2019
- The winner/s may be required to participate in reasonable publicity, including a photo-call and agree to having their names published on The Suffolk Coast and/or The Dolphin Inn/The Parrot website and social media as competition winners
- The prize consists of the following:
- A 2 night stay with breakfast for 2 people sharing a double room at The Dolphin Inn, subject to availability, excluding school summer holidays. The stay must be taken before 20th December 2019.
- The stay at the Dolphin Inn includes a 3 course meal for 2 people with a bottle of wine
- A 3 course meal for 2 people at The Parrot, including a bottle of wine, to be used during the stay.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- No cash alternative will be offered, the prize is not transferable.
You have the option to receive enews from The Suffolk Coast with offers, information and news about the destination by ticking the box below.
You have the option to receive enews from the prize providers; The Dolpin Inn and The Parrot with offers, information and news by ticking the box below.
* The information you give us here will only be used to contact the winner!
You can sign up to receive the latest news and offers from The Suffolk Coast and prize providers by ticking the boxes below:
Year of Birth*