1. Visit the 14th century Abbey
Take a trip back in time and visit the 14th century remains of Leiston Abbey lying in peaceful open fields just northwest of the town. These striking ruins represent parts of the abbey church and the fairly extensive remains of the buildings around the cloister.
2. Take a dip! Combine your country walks and cycle explorations with a dip in the Olympic-size swimming pool at Leiston’s Leisure Centre. If you still have some energy left why not enrol on one the fitness classes on offer.
3. Discover Suffolk's engineering history During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Leiston was a manufacturing town dominated by Richard Garrett & Sons, owners of the ‘Leiston Works’. Today you can visit The Long Shop Museum which displays many of the engines manufactured by Garretts.
4. Take a tour of Sizewell B Power Station Book a trip to the new visitor centre at Sizewell B and join one of the guided tours to see for yourself how a nuclear power station works. The visitor centre is open to everyone and fully accessible to all.
5. Catch up on classic motorbikes! The David Silver Honda Collection houses 200 Honda Motorcycles, artefacts, books and magazines charting the history of Honda from 1946-1992. An absolute must for the vintage motorbike enthusiast!
6. Enjoy the Suffolk's oldest purpose built cinema - Leiston Film Theatre has been lovingly restored and hosts both cinema and stage performances. Why not start or finish a visit with a trip to The White Horse Hotel and sample their delicious seasonal menus and dishes, family friendly garden, contemporary Ingalls Restaurant and spacious Smuggers Bar.